LMCT hires lobbying firm, State Federal Strategies
Insulators International Staff — Tue, Mar 8, 2022 @ 16:03 PM
The Mechanical Insulators Labor Management Cooperative Trust (LMCT) is proud to announce a new partnership with the lobbying firm State Federal Strategies.
By hiring State Federal Strategies (SFS), the LMCT has expanded its U.S. Government Affairs program, taking it to a higher level.
SFS is a strategic public and government affairs team that brings a unique combination of experience and expertise in the sectors of government, politics and public affairs strategic planning. The team and their strategic alliances have a wealth of public and private sector relationships that will support our interests to benefit mechanical insulation, firestop, asbestos removal and our other crafts.
These relationships are built upon decades of business, political, labor and community involvement. SFS has significant experience working with labor and allied trades.
LMCT Executive Director Pete R. Ielmini believes SFS will help expand the work opportunities and the well-being of the members of the International Association of Heat and Frost Insulators and Allied Workers.
“Navigating the complexities of the legislative branch of the federal government has always been a challenge, especially now with the diversity of partisan politics and today’s social issues,” he said. “The LMCT has decided to get more aggressive on the legislative front.”
Starting with the Spring 2022 edition of The Journal, HFIAW members can read a government affairs update from SFS, written by Richard Sullivan, who leads their team.
Sullivan brings 30 years of policy, legislative and political experience to the table. He has represented a number of the nation’s leading national associations before federal and state governmental entities.
Sullivan served as Chair of a Coalition to pass the Real Estate Investment and Jobs Act, which was led by the nation’s leading Real Estate Associations and the International Union of Painters and Allied Trades. He also helps lead the Retail Revitalization Coalition and is working with the nation’s leading real estate associations and interests in partnership with the North America’s Building Trades Unions to advocate for passage of the Retail Revitalization Act.
Sullivan has also led federal and state legislative initiatives on technology, financial services, healthcare and energy related issues.
The other members of the SFS team include:
• Doug Heyl, who has spent over 30 years creating strategic messaging for public affairs and political campaigns at the local, state and federal level.
• Darren Peters, a strategic partner to SFS. He is the Founder and Managing Partner for the Peter Damon Group (PDG). Peters has an expansive background in government policy.
• Glenn Rushing, the Managing Director, Senior Vice President for Federal Affairs at PDG. He brings more than 30 years of experience working in both government and politics at various levels.
• Camille Moore, the PDG Director of Policy, who has experience with energy policy.
• Missy Edwards is another strategic partner. She is the founding principle of Missy Edwards Strategies and has more than two decades of experience in government relations, electoral politics and public affairs.
According to Ielmini, the LMCT Board of Trustees is excited and looking forward to advancing their political affairs efforts to broaden and increase the work opportunities of HFIAW signatory contractors and members.
“Having the benefit of a talented, experienced and diverse political team is essential to address the many complexed layered issues in today’s U.S. government,” said Ielmini. “With a unique blend of labor lobby experience and campaign experience, along with young, bright and fresh perspective concepts, the SFS team will benefit the working families of the International Association of Heat and Frost Insulators and Allied Workers.”