CPWR Initial Guidance on COVID-19
Insulators International Staff — Thu, Mar 12, 2020 @ 16:03 PM
In response to the construction industry’s questions regarding the COVID-19 outbreak, the following are steps everyone should be taking now:• If you are feeling sick, do not go to work.
• Don’t shake hands when greeting others.
• Try to stay three to six feet away from others in gatherings, meetings, and training sessions.
• Avoid contact with sick people.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
• Clean your hands often by washing them with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or using an
alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains 60%–95% alcohol. Soap and water should be used if hands
are visibly dirty.
• It is especially important to clean hands after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after coughing,
sneezing or blowing your nose.
Construction industry employers should also:• Plan for office staff to have the ability to work from home.
• Provide soap and running water on all jobsites for frequent handwashing.
• Provide hand sanitizer when soap and running water are impossible.
• If you work in healthcare facilities, train your workers in Infection Control RiskAssessment—for
information on this training program offered through CPWR, visit: https://www.cpwr.com/training/infection-control-risk-assessment-icra
Special guidance for travel:Individuals at high risk for complications from COVID-19 should follow the current CDC’s guidance:
• Currently, older adults and persons with underlying health conditions are considered to be at increased
risk for severe illness and complications from COVID-19. People in high-risk groups should consult
with their healthcare provider about attending large events. (See: CDCguidance)
• Older adults and travelers with underlying health conditions should avoid situations that put them at
increased risk for more severe disease. This entails avoiding crowded places and avoiding nonessential travel such as long plane trips. (See: CDC guidance for travel)
Additional links from our Federal Government Partners:From OSHA: https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/covid-19/
From NIOSH: https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/emres/2019_ncov.html
From CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
From CDC for Employers about getting their businesses ready: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/specific-groups/guidance-business-response.html